Friday, April 27, 2012

iPhoto Experimenting

For this assignment we are to manipulate three photos in at least three different ways. Below I will show you the three photos I chose to work with and describe what I did to change their appearance.

Photo 1: In this photo I changed the tint to a purple color just for fun and to experiment with color. I also turned the saturation very high to make it look like he was in the light or something along those lines. Finally, I shifted the picture slightly so that it was not straight up and down. I think it looks more interesting at an angle.


Photo 2: For this photo the first thing I did was I brought down the level from 100% to 77%. This made the background of the photo not as prominent and brought more attention to the little girl's face, who in my opinion, is the focal point of this photo. Next, I boosted the color to make the colors more vivid. I think that the setting of this photo is a fun and playful time and that the colors should show that. Finally, I upped the sharpness of the photo because I wanted the viewer to be able to see more detail in the little girls' clothing and face.


Photo 3: I thought it would be interesting to try and make this picture look more realistic or bring it back to it's natural color because it was black and white. So obviously, I had to change the tint of it to green because that is the color of grass and trees. After I did that I boosted the color because it still didn't look that green because before it was black and white. Lastly, I changed the contrast of the photo to make it look much more dark and make it look like there was a lot more dimension and shadows then there were before.



No comments:

Post a Comment