Thursday, May 24, 2012

New Music & Music I Like Right Now

In this post I am going to talk about music. New music that has come out recently as well as music that I have just really been enjoying lately. I feel like I have been listening to new music recently, instead of sticking to the same old same old stuff that I normally do. I’m not saying that I listen to the same music all the time over and over again, I’m just saying that I have discovered some new music and want to share! I hope you enjoy and check out these awesome artists!

For starters, the new John Mayer album just came out! I have yet to listen to the whole thing the whole way through but from what I have heard it sounds amazing. I am a huge John Mayer fan, and have been for a very long time. I have seen him I think four or five times live and have loved every second of it. He is a great performer (minus the ugly facial expressions he makes while performing) and makes the concert personal. I think my favorite album of John’s will always be “Continuum”. I really have nothing at all bad to say about the album at all. It came out in 2006 and I still listen to it a couple times a week. Sorry to rant about that. Anyways, John’s new album titled “Born and Raised” does not disappoint at all. I personally think it sounds great! It has kind of an R&B, blues, and pop sound to it. I know that’s a lot to say that one album is and maybe a little hard to picture or imagine, but it is seriously so great. The songs are very easy to listen to and are very soothing. “Shadow Days” was the first single off this album. I think this was a good choice for a single just because it is catchy and has a good beat that people would want to sing to. I will insert a clip of it below:


Another popular song from his new album is "Queen of California". I think this song has almost a country vibe to it? That may be going a little far but I think that when I really listen to it and focus. It is also acoustic and electric sounding.


One of my personal favorites from this album is “Something Like Olivia”. I think this song has a great beat and a great electric guitar background. It’s a song that makes you tap your foot to and sing along to. I also think the words are very heartfelt and cute. Listen to the clip below and tell me that you don’t want to tap your foot…


Great, right? Right.
Anyway, I seriously suggest you check out his album! You won’t be disappointed.

Another great album that just came out is Haley Reinhart’s “Listen Up!”. Haley was an American Idol contestant last year who ended third in the competition, however her new record sounds like a winning one to me. I love her raspy soulful voice. I think she kind of sounds like Miley Cyrus and Christina Aguilera. I was surprised by how much I actually enjoy this album as a whole. She was one of my favorites throughout the whole American Idol contest so I guess it does make sense. My favorite song so far off her album is “Free”. The first time I heard it I knew I loved it! I like the feel of it and the way it kind of swings along. It’s very soulful and smooth. I will insert a clip of the song below:


I also think that “Undone” is also a beautiful song. It is probably my second favorite on the album tied with “Spiderweb”. “Undone” is very slow and kind of sad sounding. You can tell that there is a story behind that song and there is a lot of feeling behind those lyrics. I feel like her voice sounds very emotional and a lot of people would like that. “Spiderweb” has more of an upbeat and edgy sound almost. It is louder and has a faster beat to it. Her voice still sounds so great and soulful in it. I highly suggest you check out her album as well!

The two other artists I am going to talk about are from American Idol as well. The first is Scotty McCreery, who I just recently have been non-stop listening to and the second is Phillip Phillips, the winner from this season. Both artists I think are very talented and deserve a lot of recognition, and I think you should check both of them out! Here is a picture of both of them at the finale last night!

(Phillip Phillips is on the left and Scotty is on the right)

Scotty is a country artist, whose voice I love so much. He sounds like a very true country artist and sounds much older than he actually is in my opinion. His debut album is called “Clear As Day”. My favorite songs on it are “Water Tower Town”, “You Make That Look Good”, and “Clear As Day”. “Water Tower Town” is a really fun upbeat song that sounds just like the typically small southern town you would imagine. It makes me happy because it is just such a happy fun song. “You Make That Look Good” is a really cute song I think. He is just talking about how this girl looks good in anything basically. Finally, the song “Clear As Day” is such an emotional song. It almost made me cry the first time I listened to it. I wasn’t expecting the ending that it has, and I think it makes the song creative and interesting. Overall, I love this album and cannot stop listening to it especially now that its warm outside (something about warm weather makes me love country music even more then usual). I am also extremely impressed that this is only his first album. I will insert a clip below of a preview of his album:


Lastly, I just wanted to talk about Phillip Phillips, the winner of American Idol this season! He has such a unique sound that I love (and obviously America does too)! I can't wait to hear the music that he will come out with in the future. I will insert a clip of his finale song:


I hope you enjoyed this post and check out these awesome musicians!

Lauren





No comments:

Post a Comment