Friday, May 25, 2012

My Dream House/Location/Future

Who doesn’t think about how they want their life to be in the future? I feel like everyone thinks about their dream house and their dream man/woman and their dream job, am I right? I think that’s completely normal! When you are in elementary school your teachers already start asking you what you want to be when you grow up, and that’s when it all starts. Throughout your young teenage years you then start to develop what you think would be the perfect life and your “happily ever after”. You start to think about where you would love to live one day and what you want to do with the rest of your life. Each individual thing that you can think of in your head that makes you happy all comes together to make one big perfect idea of your future. Just for fun, in this post I am going to give you a peak into my brain and share with you what I want for my future. Ready?

First thing’s first, after college I want to have a job. Some people may say I want to have a very successful, high paying job but I feel like now days you can’t even ask for that much. So for now, I am just asking to be employed after college. Because I am a media management major, I do hope to have a job that has something to do with that. In a perfect world, I would be working at a radio station, recording studio, or record label doing the behind the scenes/business type stuff. I just know that I want to be surrounded by music, and I think that that is the best way to do that without having to sing or perform or be on screen/camera. In a perfect world I would also be working with successful people in an environment that I enjoyed working in. I would like to be high up in the company, and be able to have a somewhat flexible schedule. I would like to be able to plan events and help the performers who I would be working with. As for now that is all I really have to say about my “dream/future job”.

Below is a picture of what my job setting could look like:

As for my location, I really want nothing more than to move south. I use to want to move to a city like New York or Chicago, however recently I have really loved everything about the south. I have been told that for my job it would be good to look at LA, NYC, Chicago, or Nashville. I think time will tell where I end up. In a perfect world I would live by the beach. Something about the water makes me so happy with life. I have always thought that living in the Carolinas would be nice. My grandparents have a condo there and they have vacationed there for as long as I can remember. My parents have also vacationed there for as long as I can remember and have talked about moving there after my sisters and I all finish our schooling. I like the southern hospitality and the laid back feel that surrounds the beach. I even like the southern accents. If I lived in the south I would dress really preppy and eat the best seafood of my whole life. I would like to live in Charleston, South Carolina so that it’s not that far from the beach but not too close. I also think it would have a lot of job opportunities.

Below is a picture of Charleston, SC:

So now that I have decided where I want to live I have to talk about my dream house. I would love to have a big, white house with a wrap around porch. I think it would be lovely if my house overlooked a lake, and I could sit on the porch and look out at the water, kind of like in The Notebook. The porch would be decorated to look very welcoming and there would be plenty of space for family and friends to come and sit and talk together. I would have a large wood door as my front door and when you opened the door to go inside it would look homey and like the people who live there love to live there and are happy. There would be a giant staircase that leads upstairs and a balcony upstairs that overlooks the first floor of the house. There would be dark hardwood floors and white crown molding. There would be a huge kitchen with plenty of room to make the best meals. There would also be a large dining room with a great kitchen table. The table would have to be a good size so that we could have a lot of people over at once to enjoy our great meals. The family room would be large and welcoming. Even though it would be large, the furniture would be set up in a way that doesn’t look overwhelming. There would b e the best closets and the best bathrooms in my house. The best part of the house would be the backyard. It would go out to a pool and there would be amazing landscaping surrounding it. Also the backyard would back up to a lake. There would be a dock right outside the house where my boat and jet skis would be docked. That would definitely be my fantasy back yard and house.

Below are a few photos of what my house could look like:


I would love the fall in love with a southern boy with a southern accent and who uses manners and has southern hospitality. We would get married on the beach, he would have a successful job, we would start a family, and live happily ever after.

Below is a picture of what our wedding could look like:


I hope you enjoyed reading about what my dream life would be like, and I would love to hear about what some of your unrealistic expectations are for your future. I know I said unrealistic, but what if this actually happened? That would be crazy. Anyway, until next time!

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Wow Lauren, if this is what your house and wedding will be like, I definitely want to visit. As for locations, I think you would enjoy Nashville.

    ReplyDelete